Who says pizza is not healthy? Just because you are on a diet does not mean you can enjoy a tasty pie now and then. At Sebastiano’s Italian Restaurant. We are here today to inform you of five reasons why pizza can actually be healthy for you. When it comes to pizza health benefits, the best Italian restaurant near me has all the answers you are searching for.
Pizza Is Not All Grease and Carbs
Pizza hasn’t always had a good reputation. Many people associate this food with grease and high calories, and will not eat it if they are on a diet. There are also some who classify it as comfort food or just something quick to grab for dinner when they are short on time. What many people don’t know is that pizza can actually be right for you. The following are five ways that you can eat pizza as part of a healthy diet.
Five Pizza Health Benefits
- Pizza contains nutritious ingredients
- You will receive a lot of health benefits when you choose the right ingredients for your pizza. If you order extra cheese or meat, then your pizza will not be as nutritious. Ordering a thin crust helps decrease the number of empty calories you could gain from this meal. Also, eating less crust allows you to consume a larger amount of healthier ingredients, because you will not be full on carbs.
- There is no need to add anything more to your meal to cover the recommended intake of all food groups. With one pizza, you can include vegetables, fruits, lean meats, dairy, and grain at the same time. You can add tomatoes to increase your fruit intake, and red peppers or mushrooms to add more vegetables to your diet. Including ham or beef on your pizza gives you protein from healthier, lean meat. The cheese will cover your dairy intake, while the crust provides your daily grain intake.
- Pizza gives your brain a boost
- Spinach, often a chosen ingredient as a pizza topping, is high in folate. This vitamin promotes blood circulation in your brain. Consuming one daily serving of spinach can slow down cognitive decline in the elderly because it also contains vitamin K. This food can also affect your serotonin levels, which directly influence positive and negative emotions.
- If your favorite pizza delivery restaurant does not serve spinach, try adding it yourself when your meal arrives. Waiting to add this topping can help keep it fresh. Pineapple, spinach, and the milk found in cheese are all serotonin boosters, which means that pizza can help you be healthy and happy.
- You can control the ingredients
- Whether you make this meal yourself or order it from your favorite pizza shop, you control which ingredients are served. You can ask the restaurant for the exact ingredients you want and also specify if you would like them in larger or smaller amounts. The combinations are limitless, and you can combine any fruits, vegetables, or meats found on the menu. Don’t forget to ask about crust options to make sure your pizza is still nutritious.
- Ordering pizza is convenient
- Ordering pizza and having it delivered saves you the time, and in some cases the frustration, of dealing with traffic to pick it up. Delivery offers you a healthy meal brought right to the comfort of your own home. There are also other items found on most pizza shop menus that can give you healthy and delicious alternatives. Check out the menus at your favorite restaurants and you will find salads, sandwiches, appetizers, and more to add to your meal.
Call The Best Italian Restaurant Near Me Today
There are many traditional Italian dishes that are healthy and can match your diet. When it comes to pizza health benefits, we have you covered. If you are looking for the best Italian restaurant Hollywood FL, call Sebastiano’s Italian Restaurant today to make a reservation! We are the best pizza restaurant near me. Stop by and see for yourself. We are deemed one of the best Italian restaurant near me.