Are you a brand new vegan and worried you won’t be able to enjoy some of your favorite foods? This includes Italian dishes. Here at Sebastiano’s Italian Restaurant, our team of cuisine experts wants to make sure you are aware of all the best food it is available to your new lifestyle. We are one of the best Italian restaurants near me.
Enjoy the Best Food!
For many people in America, the words “Italian food” conjures images of cheesy pizzas, creamy pasta sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, and plenty of meaty bolognese and lasagnas. While you can certainly recreate any of those meals out of entirely plant-based ingredients at home, if you’re not dining at a vegan restaurant, you’re not likely going to be able to order those meals when you’re dining out — but don’t let that stop you from enjoying your dinner out at an Italian restaurant! We’ve put together a helpful go-to guide to help you order satisfying, well-rounded, and tasty plant-based dishes at Italian restaurants.
Follow These Tips For Italian Dishes
- Little bites and appetizers
- A popular plant-based appetizer you could try is Bruschetta al Pomodoro, or tomato bruschetta, which is essentially a diced tomato topping on top of a piece of crispy bread. While this dish is traditionally vegan-friendly, some establishments might brush their crispy toasts with butter or toss some cheese into their bruschetta, so specify that you want it without any dairy. If you’re interested in making some fun variations at home, we recommend this Polenta Bruschetta and this herbaceous Mushroom Pesto Bruschetta.
- Beans and Soup are your best friend!
- Minestra di verdure, or Minestrone Soup, is an often meat-free, tomato-based soup that features an assortment of beans, onions, celery, carrots, and other veggies, often with the addition of pasta or rice. Tomatoes are a great source of the antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to helping reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
- Always Go Heavy on the Veggie
- Caponata is a Sicilian eggplant dish that usually also features tomatoes, olives, onions, and capers fried in olive oil. Some restaurants will list it under appetizers, and some will list it under entrées, so hunt around until you find it.
- Try a Plant-Based Pasta or a Pizza
- You can always rely on pasta al Pomodoro e Basilico, which is pasta with tomato sauce and basil, or look out for pasta Aglio e olio, which translates to pasta with hot pepper and garlic. Pasta alla puttanesca is also on most menus (although you will have to hold the anchovies) and so is pasta alla norma, which is a traditional Sicilian pasta dish that features eggplant, but you will have to order it without the cheese.
Call The Best Italian Restaurant Near Me
Just because you are vegan does not mean you can’t enjoy Italian dishes! Our restaurant has exactly what you have been searching for! We are here to showcase the best locations for Italian food in Italy. If you are looking for the best pizza, Hollywood, FL, call Sebastiano’s Italian Restaurant today to make a reservation! We consider ourselves the best Italian restaurant near me.